Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Sensational Haiku Wednesday, freestyle

Join the fun!

Dear Haiku friends,

It's a long time ago that I participated in the Sensational Haiku Wednesday, because of lack of time and of course keeping my other blogs up-to-date. I remember that for this meme it's necessary to write a haiku on the given theme in the classical way. As several weeks ago I gave my own 'Back to Basic' theme for my haiku meme. It's not my piece of cake to write in the classical 5-7-5 way, but I can say right from my heart that I love to write sometimes a classical one. So this week's theme of Sensational Haiku Wednesday "freestyle" I will use to write another classical haiku.

finally dark clouds break
after the rains and thunderstorms
the bright and warm sunlight

This is really not my cup of tea, but I enjoyed it very much. (Had to use a syllable counter ... smiles). Thank you for this opportunity to try (again) the classical way of haiku.

Thunderstorm
Well ... maybe next week again ...?

9 comments:

Lessandra said...

Good work - lovely feeling to haiku. It left me with a good feeling - as if I were glad to see and feel the sunlight again.

ekta khetan said...

beautiful!

You painted a picture with the words which holds so true esp in the ongoing monsoon seasons. Loved your haiku.

Chèvrefeuille said...

Thank you for your kind words. This was really a tough challenge to write the classical haiku counted with 5-7-5 syllables. I am not used to this classical form, because I write my haiku in the Kanshicho style. This is a form which was used for several years by the haiku poet (and haiku master) Matsuo Basho (1644-1694).
This was really nice to do ... thank you for visiting my haiku blog.

anthonynorth said...

Ah, the sun is always good after such outbreaks. Nice one.

carol l mckenna said...

Excellent photo and well penned haiku ~ (A Creative Harbor)

Anonymous said...

5-7-5 may not be your style, but you always handle it beautifully. I would love to have a lesson to write Haiku in other freer forms ... I don't seem to understand the criteria well enough to try my hand at it. Thank you for sharing.
Acorn Falling Rain

Anonymous said...

perfect summer evenin after the rain.. lovely

Unknown said...

You wrote such an awesome Haiku.
A story on its own! Well done!
Mine is here
Have you an AWESOME WEEK!
hugs
shakira

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

There's something to be said for writing haiku within the constraints of 17 syllables, even though it's sometimes difficult!

Desert Fence and Sky